Sunday, August 28, 2016

Desperate Prayer for Unity

I currently attend both Mass at 8am and then an Assembly of God church at 10:45am on Sundays. I attend the AG church because my wife identifies with that Church as do two of my four kids. Well a third kid likes the friends and fun there too even though she is baptized Catholic, attends CCE and can't wait for First Communion this year. Anyhow, today during praise and worship, at the AG church I just clasped my RSV New Testament with my rosary inside dangling out and cried out quietly from my heart for mercy, repeatedly, mercy for myself but also for the church. Mercy for those around me.

I realize that I have no hope of bringing people to unity in God's church. Minds are closed and unmotivated to care or even understand. Unless Christ by the Holy Spirit brings down people guarded minds to come back to Catholic faith, we are powerless. We must cry out for mercy, repeatedly. To suffer and do penance for a response. Kyrie Eleison, Christe Eleison, Kyrie Eleison! Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on us sinners.

Will you join in prayer, say a rosary, vocalize or contemplate silently the wounded divided body of Christ, the Church? Cry out for mercy. I cry out for mercy. We are hopeless to bring people to Catholic faith unless God does it. Will you pray? 500 years of division in the Church is enough.







No comments: